Red nose day is on next Friday 25th June. Please buy a red nose product to support this cause!
This campaign has reduced the incidence of SIDS by 85% saving over 6000 babies lives. Vigilance is still required in delivering the Safe Sleeping message to the broad community as sadly the cause of sudden infant death syndrome remains unknown with more research into the cause still needed.
The Safe Sleeping Program:
1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
2. Sleep baby with face uncovered (no doonas, pillows, lambs wool, bumpers or soft toys)
3. Avoid exposing babies to tobacco smoke before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment (safe cot, safe mattress, safe bedding)
5. Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping environment next to the parent’s bed for the first six to twelve months of life
Please show your support by purchasing Red Nose Day products at your local retail outlets or online at http://www.rednoseday.com.au/!