There are a few things to look out for, to get your skin protected as much as possible. I did some research on the ingredients that are important to protect and improve your skin.
1. To increase thickness in your skin - Vitamin A.
2. To improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles - Vitamin C.
3. To exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin - Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA).
4. To boost moisturisation and improve skin tone - Sugar amines, glycerol and acetyl glucosamine.
5. To protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays - SPF 15+ or higher.
6. To supply the skin with energy which is great for skin regeneration - Creatine and coenzyme Q10.
7. To help even skin tone and improve pigmentation - Soy, red clover, pomegranate.
I find it interesting to know what the ingredients in a product will actually do for my skin. If there are any areas for your skin that you want to focus on, check the ingredients!
Do you check products for their ingredients?