Thursday, November 11, 2010

Are you ready for simple lifestyle changes?

I have been reading about simple ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Everyone's lifestyles are different, so for some it is easier, than others.

Here are a few things (and links to other posts I've written) that I am going to try and make an effort to stick with - for my body's sake!

1. Drink water - We need to drink at least 2 litres of water so that our body is hydrated. Much of our body and brain are made up of water. We need water to flush out toxins, to assimilate nutrients from food, and for our brain to function properly.  It also is good for digestion and our skins elasticity.

2. Eat well - Usually the afternoons are when I feel like a sugary treat,  a chocolate of some sort. It gives me a instant burst of energy but not so good for the hips. Although it is ok to have a chocolate ( in moderation of course!), it would be better substituted for a fruit or yoghurt. Natural sugar will slowly release sugar into the body giving you a sustained energy boost.

3.Exercise 30 minutes a day - I love going for walks, its so refreshing and relaxing. I really need to do it regularly, sometimes I might go for a walk two to three times a week and then the next week I don't. Regular exercise is important to release endorphins and decrease the levels of stress hormones. It also stimulates circulation which give you glowing and radiant skin. Being outside gives you vitamin D which we need so our bones can absorb calcium.

4. Sleep - Sleep gives your body cells time to restore, rejuvenate and refresh. An adult should average eight hours of sleep. It also helps maintain good health, and other health benefits. If I have a few late nights, I really do feel it, I'm tired during the day and unmotivated to do anything. Sleep is important for overall good health.  


What lifestyle change have you made or would like to make?

1 comment:

A Keeper said...

The water and sleep are big ones I think. As for eating, you have to eat well all the time, not just sometimes. 90% good, 10% bad. A treat should be just that; a treat!!

And definitely ditch the soft drinks. Empty calories that do nothing for your body.

Google+ Badge