At some point you might have heard of the ingredient Salicylic Acid. It is found in a variety of products, such as cleansers, moisturisers, serums, eye creams, hand and body lotions, foot creams,exfoliants and other products.
- Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid or BHA with versatile properties. Salicylic Acid can treat many skin issues such as acne, dandruff, psoriasis, calluses, and many more.
- When used in combination with other treatments, Salicylic Acid enhances the absorption of active ingredients into the skin.
- This mild acid breaks down blackheads and whiteheads, by peeling the top layer of skin and clearing blocked pores.
- Salicylic Acid has amazing skin exfoliating and bacterial killing properties which help kill acne causing bacteria and remove dead skin cells, so that acne can be prevented or controlled quickly.
- Salicylic Acid softens keratin, a skin-forming protein and helps break down dry skin, helping to combat dry skin.
A few Salicylic acid Cleansers that I have seen are Neutrogena Oil-free acne wash, Olay total effects daily cleanser plus blemish control, Biore Blemish fighting Ice Cleanser.
Do you look out for Salicylic acid products and use them?