Monday, December 27, 2010

How to detoxify your body?

Ever thought of detoxifying your body? Detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out. By getting rid of toxins, and then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain good health and more energy!

I'm not into detox diets, but I do know that I can cleanse my body daily through diet, supplements and lifestyle changes. Heres a few suggestions:

1. Water - One of the main aim of detoxification is to increase the water level in your body which makes your digestion smoother. Drinking more water (at least 6 to 8 glasses everyday) helps to remove the unwanted toxins from your body and will keep you hydrated. You actually feel healthier too. This is the only way through which you can maintain a clean system of your body.

2. Fresh fruits and vegetables - Fresh fruits keep your body safe from nutrients and minerals. Also, fruits are antioxidants, so will keep your body healthier. Vegetables have proteins, carbohydrates and nutrients which helps to protect, heal and cleanse the body.

3. Exercise- When you exercise, your body sweats out and the unwanted toxins are left out. You can keep yourself healthier and stronger too, by exercising.

4. Supplement - I like to take a daily multivitamin, and also extra vitamin B to give me energy.

I try to remind myself that what you eat eventually becomes you, and by eating better and making better food choices, your body can become healthier and stronger!

What do you do to maintain good health?

3 comments:

Toni Tralala said...

I'm a huge water drinker. I consume about 2 liters of water a day. I take multi vitamins and try to insert vegetables as much as I can.

Farmers Wifey said...

Great idea, I like this. I'm stopping all alcohol and really getting back into fitness and this would be a great kickoff..

Joni Llanora said...

I've heard this before but forgotten about doing it. Thanks for the reminder. Better note it down for my 2011 resolution. Hope you had a great Christmas! (You may want to pop over my blog for my latest giveaway.)

Google+ Badge