Saturday, January 22, 2011

How my morning beauty routine is done?

 
Looking after your skin is the most important beauty advice you will hear. Your skin needs constant attention in order for it to look and feel great. I have no problem with looking after my skin in the evening, its the mornings that always seem to be the hardest for me. Trying to get breakfast ready and two young children ready, is plenty to keep me busy and neglect my skin.

But it only takes a few extra minutes to look after your skin. This is what I find works best for me:
  • I rinse my face with warm water.
  • Cleanse my face. (I'm using a Dove cleanser at the moment)
  • Rinse off with cold water.
  • Apply my moisturiser and let it absorb for about five minutes. (I'm using Neutrogena health defence day moisturiser at the moment)
  • Apply primer and let it absorb for about five minutes too ( using a primer is optional) ( I use the face of australis face primer at the moment)
  • Now my face is ready for makeup.
The key is to let the products you use to absorb into the skin for a few minutes. There are days where I dont have time to cleanse in the morning, so I usually use makeup wipes to give my face a quick clean and then apply my makeup.

Once you get in the habit of a quick routine, your skin will love you for it!

Do you cleanse your face every morning?  


10 comments:

Marcy said...

We have the same routine!!

Marcy,
smudgemyeyeliner.com

DanniiBeauty said...

@Marcy - Thats great, its easy and only takes a few minutes. So worth it!

Makeup and Macaroons said...

Your routine seems simple and easy enough. I'm pretty lazy, in the mornings I don't cleanse my face, just whatever gets splashed on my face while showering. This way natural oils don't get washed out so I don't often have to moisurise in the mornings either.

Lilit
xo

Michelle said...

ugggh i need to start using moisturizer so badly lol :)

Linton from London said...

Thanks for the tips Dani!!!!

I have acne scares. Any tips on how to get rid of them? Looking after my face is one my 2011 New Year resolution...not doing such a great job so far.

But this post helps. Thanks

Saludos

Linton from London

http://lintonfromlondon.blogspot.com/

DanniiBeauty said...

@Makeup and Macaroons - Thats great, at least your face is washed by water. I find that if I dont cleanse by lunchtime my face is oily.

DanniiBeauty said...

@Michelle - A moisturiser is definitely great to give your skin what it needs for the day. There are great and inexpensive ones that you can get.

DanniiBeauty said...

@Linton from London - Glad you like the post. Yes acne scars are hard to address. Using a serum is a great way to start helping the skin repair. Also using something like Bio oil would be good for scarring. Hope this helps.

Gabi said...

I'm completely the opposite! I'm so lazy at nighttime and have been known to go to bed with a full face of make up if I'm really tired, which I think is WAY worse!!!
I'm trying to make a conscious effort to make sure I cleanse twice at night.
In the mornings I cleanse in the shower and then the toning/moisturising/priming has just all become habit for me!

DanniiBeauty said...

@Gabi - Thats great that your morning routine is done in the shower, its easier that way. I have done that before, go to bed with makeup on, its not good, but I now use makeup wipes if I can't wash it all off. At least they remove most of the makeup which is better than not removing any of it. Give it a try!

Google+ Badge