Friday, January 14, 2011

The Sorcerer's Apprentice DVD review and interview with Johnny Ace Palmer

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice on DVD, was released this week on 12th January 2011. I was sent a copy to review and was very interested in watching it, as were my husband and children.

The movie is a comedy adventure about a sorcerer and his apprentice who are involved in the center of an ancient conflict between good and evil.

Balthazar Blake (played by Nicolas Cage) is a master sorcerer in modern-day Manhattan trying to defend the city from his enemy, Maxim Horvath. Balthazar can't do it alone, so he recruits Dave Stutler (played by Jay Baruchel) who doesn't want to get involved, but eventually does.

The sorcerer gives him training in the art and science of magic, and together they work to stop the forces of evil. Dave becomes courages and survives his training, saves the city and gets the girl he's always wanted.

The whole family loved this movie. My husband loved the adventure and comedy in the movie and was laughing and enticed at the same time, my seven year old son was awed by all the actions, and defeating that was involved, (as was my one year old) and I enjoyed the storyline and character, particularly Jay Baruchel who played Dave the apprentice - he is the voice of Hiccup in the movie 'How to train your dragon'.

Overall a great family movie with a bit of everything, magic, sorcery, adventure, comedy and a love story.

As part of the release for The Sorcerer's Apprentice, I got to do a little interview with Johnny Ace Palmer, the world's greatest magician.

DanniiBeauty interviews Johnny Ace Palmer.

Dannibeauty's Question: When did you start taking an interest in magic?

Johnny's answer: My family says I got interested in magic when I was a little over a year old. My grandfather used to hide a coin from me. Although I don’t remember that, I do remember seeing him hide coins from my sister, cousins, and even my children. I’ve always sought out magic.

Danniibeauty's Question: Were you impressed by the magic scenes in the movie, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice?

Johnny's answer: Love, love, love them! They nailed it. The magic was so amazing and wonderful. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Danniibeauty's Question: What advice do you have for anyone starting out in magic tricks?

Johnny's answer: Have fun. Read magic books and magic magazines. Join a magic club and attend magic conventions.

A great movie to watch - The Sorcerer's Apprentice on DVD! Would you watch this movie?

4 comments:

Hannah Lebron said...

Nice blog.
Thank you for the comment on my page.
I followed you, hope you can do the same.

<3Hannah Lebron

DanniiBeauty said...

@Hannah Lebron - thanks for following, am following you too! xx

Roanna said...

I like your blog! looks like you try and review various things!...plus, I love Harry Potter!

DanniiBeauty said...

@Roanna - thanks so much for following! Yes I love reviewing movies amongst other things. Harry Potter is my favourite too!

Google+ Badge