Monday, March 28, 2011
How to cheer yourself up when your feeling sad?
I usually take a break and give myself a few days to recharge. I refer to my list of things that cheer me up and give me the motivation to keep on going. There are many things but I have narrowed it down to five things for this list. So here is my list:
1. Planning to go on holidays - always brings a smile. I just think about previous holidays we've had or upcoming ones and how it will be a few days of relaxation. Searching holiday destinations and what we can do is always a great way to feel good.
2. Butterflies and Rainbows- I love butterflies, they are so pretty, colorful and peaceful. I have a book on butterflies and love reading it and flicking through the pictures. I also love rainbows, the colours are gorgeous and its nature at its best.
3. Shopping - I usually set aside some retail therapy time because there is always something I need to buy or can buy to cheer me up, for example a book, flowers, candles, beauty products.
4. Music - Put on some music and dance. Try it, trust me it works. You will feel free and immersed in the music, and you may just find that you have great dancing moves.
5. Do something positive - how you think definitely affects how we feel, so thinking positive is definitely going to help. Do something positive, bake a cake, clean out a room, do some gardening, play with your children, read a book - whatever you do make sure it is done with positive thoughts.
Remember no matter how unhappy you feel, you have a choice to make the most of the situation and do something about cheering yourself up. Choose to get through the day happily.
So tell me whats one thing that cheers you up?