Friday, July 15, 2011

Elf powder brush review - great for foundation application



I am always on the lookout to acheive a flawless look by applying my foundation with a great tool. Recently I bought the Elf powder brush or I call it a stippling brush and I love it!

It is the perfect brush to apply foundation. It is a flat top, soft brush but dense enough. It is easy to wash and there is no shedding or bleeding.

On their website the Elf powder brush is described as 'super soft and beautiful to use these Taklon brushes are a makeup must have and can be used wet or dry! The sleek black handles and perfect contours of each brush make applying your makeup super easy and professional'.
They are so right! The Elf powder brush is soft and yet dense enough to be able to stipple your foundation all over your face and then blend it all in, using circular motions. The top of the brush is a perfect size for my face and the handle is nice and sturdy, perfect for application.

I prefer this brush to a normal foundation brush as you are able to really blend the foundation well as it is round and great in density. I use this brush with all foundations, liquid, mousse and compact.

I would highly recommend this brush if you like using brushes to apply your foundation and want that flawless, blended foundation application. Check out elf products on their website here

Have you tried this brush? What do you use to apply your foundation?

11 comments:

Hunter87 said...

I have this brush and I love it to and for the price its even better!!!

Jay Fletch said...

I haven't tried it myself, but I will have to get one!

That’s So Fletch
xo, Jay

Blackmentos said...

Haven't tried it myself and I've got no stippling brushes in my kit yet, as I don't use much liquid foundation. I am looking out for one though! thanks for sharing!

Teli said...

Hi danniee :)

This is such a lovely post ^__^. Oh btw, I awarded you some love. Check this out http://krzteli.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-has-awards-and-theyre-5.html

Have a pleasant day.
xoxo
teli
krzteli.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

i've been looking for a good foundation brush since switching from mousse to liquid, may have to check this out, following you! please follow me? http://hans-ell.blogspot.com/ also, found you through your award, congrats! xx

Marusya V said...

I use brushes when applying makeup: for everything foundation, eye shadows, lipstick. Much better results. Flawless makeup guaranteed <- you are absolutely right!
xox
http://crashingred.com

Leigh said...

i use powder foundation-do you think this brush would still work? i am okay with the brush i have now, but another one never hurt, especially at elf's prices! :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

DanniiBeauty said...

@Leigh - Yes this brush would work well for powder foundation. It is a flat top and soft - so great for blending. And definitely the price is very affordable. In the US you can pick it up for under $4...

Mar said...

I've been hearing a lot of great things on ELF products. I'd love to try this brush soon. Thanks for the heads up! - Mar
http://notyourordinarybeautyqueen.blogspot.com/

Penelope said...

Thanks for the review! This brush sounds great!

angelaah91 said...

I havent tried this brush , but im currently using the stipple brush of ELF. I really wanted to try this one too but it was out of stock :(
but now I know its worth it so I will definetely order it next time :)

Google+ Badge