Yet with so many things that can happen in life, being happy can sometimes feel so far away. Whether its financial, career, or family problems these things can weigh us down. Life is not perfect and things will happen that are unexpected or not according to plan, but we need to find a way to be happy.
We need to focus on the positives and be grateful for what we have in life and be happy.
Here are a few tips that work for me to be happy:
1. Sleep - If you are constantly tired or fatigued this can affect our mood. Try and get as much sleep as you can even if it means taking a nap during the day. If you can't get a full eight hours sleep, power naps are great.
2. Music - A instant lift me up is music. Put on music you enjoy to listen to and you will see a instant change in your mood. Music is uplifting and a great way to make you happy and relaxed.
3. Clean - Literally cleaning your home, room, space - can create a happy environment. Knowing that everything is in its place where it should be will help you be more relaxed. Likewise cleaning your 'daily schedule' as such, can help to alleviate unneccessary appointments or committments that your not interested in. You can say no to certain activities or outings that you are not too keen on.
4. Be in the moment - Worrying or stressing about what may happen tomorrow is not going to help the situation. Instead try and live for this moment, enjoy your situation now.
5. Learn from your mistakes - We all make mistakes, so forgive yourself for the mistake you have done and keep on going. If you dwell on a mistake or wish it never happened, you will be stuck in that mindset and won't be able to move forward. Accept what you have done and know that you have learnt from it and will do it better next time.
Be kind to yourself - happiness is a beautiful thing to have in your life, but many times we let the negatives overtake the positives. Don't let that happen to you. There is always a way to work through things and be happy. Choose to be happy!
What do you do to be happy? What makes you happy?