Thursday, August 18, 2011
Tips on how to look after your hands
So I have been doing a few things to keep my hands feeling soft and smooth.
1. When applying my sunscreen on my face and body I also apply some to the back of my hand. I always keep sunscreen in my car so that I can apply some before I start driving as the sun can affect your hands even when driving.
2. When I wash the dishes ( or clean aronund house with water) I always wear gloves to protect my hands from detergents.
3. Use mild/gentle soap when washing your hands.
4. In the shower about two times a week, I use a gentle exfoliant ( same as what I use on my face) on the back of my hand to remove any dead skin cells. ( you can make your own exfoliant by mixing sea salt and lemon juice)
5. I moisturise my hands to keep my skin hydrated and moisturised. (you can use hand cream too)
6. Every few weeks I will soak my hands in warm olive oil for a few minutes and then wrap them in plastic glad wrap for a few more minutes to get smooth skin.
Do you look after your hands? Do you have any tips on how to look after your hands?