Thursday, September 8, 2011
Seven Tips: How to make your nail polish last longer?
1. Ensure your nails have been cleaned and all oils removed properly. Using a good nail polish remover to clean everything off your nails is important to create a clean nail base.
2. Apply a base coat first. Base coats contain nutrients to help prevent breakage, splitting, peeling etc. It helps to protect your nail, prevent staining the nails and helps keep the nail polish on longer. Base coats should dry matte, sticky and fast.
3. Apply your nailpolish thinly, not thick. It's best to apply several layers of nailpolish thinly, for better results.
4. Apply a top coat. Top coats act as a barrier, prevent nail polish from chipping and give you a long lasting shine. If you have the time you can apply a top coat everyday so that the nailpolish lasts even longer. Top coats will dry shiny and dry slowly on the nail.
5. Try not to remove your nail polish more than once or twice a week, because it will dry out your nails.
6. You can store your nail polish in the refrigerator. It will last longer and can be easier to apply.
7. Wear gloves when cleaning or doing chores that involve water. Prolonged exposure to water can cause nail damage and can dry out your skin and nails. (Tips on how to look after your hands)
What works best for you to make your nailpolish last longer?