Friday, October 7, 2011
How to feel good about yourself!
I am a huge believer in making the most out of life. We only live once, so let's enjoy it and do as much as we can to be happy. I am not the ideal size and don't have perfect looks, but I don't let that stop me from following my goals, dreams and feeling good about myself.
Everyone deserves to feel good about themselves, no matter who they are, what shape or size they are or what they look like. So if you haven't already started feeling good about yourself, now you can.
Here are five ways to feel good about yourself, that can be achieved:
1. Respect your body - This is the most important thing to do. Respecting your body means looking after your body. Remember to make healthier eating choices, take vitamins and exercise, even if it is only for 10-15 minutes. Look after your looks - get a regular haircut and look after your skin. It really does work to look after your body, it really makes me appreciate myself, for who I am. (which I guess is why I am beauty obsessed!)
2. Wear comforable clothing - Going through your wardrobe regularly and cleaning it out is liberating and great for your confidence. When you wear clothes that are comfortable and make you look good, you will feel good. Work out your body shape and wear clothes that are appropriate for you. If a piece of clothing doesn't feel right for example it is too tight or too big, then don't wear it. Comfortable clothing will make you feel good.
3. Take time out for you - Schedule some 'me' time for yourself. Even if it is 30 minutes or 60 minutes, that is your time and do something that you love. You could read a book, go shopping, go for a walk, watch a movie, listen to music or have a hobby. Doing something that is just for you, will help you feel good about yourself and you will look forward to that time, just for you! Doing things that you will enjoy and love will help you feel great, relaxed and rejuvenated.
4. Don't compare yourself to others - Each and every one of us is unique in our own way. Don't compare yourself to someone else. You can aspire to learn things from others but don't think you have to be like them. You have many gifts and talents and that is what is important. Accept yourself for who you are and grow in your strenghts. Don't listen to anyone that is going to put you down or say negative things to you, you are a great unique person that has a lot to offer.
5. Sleep - We all know that we need 8 hours of sleep but as life is hectic this is not always possible. Try to make a effort though to get 8 hours of sleep as many days as possible. It really will help you feel emotionally and physically better about yourself.
Being positive about things overall is also a great way to start feeling good about yourself. Here is a post I wrote on How to be positive. Being confident (A post on Be confident and be yourself) and accepting who you are, is definitely a step forward to feeling good about yourself.
Do you do any of these things? What do you do to feel good about yourself?