Thursday, March 1, 2012
Five tips on how to save money when buying beauty/fashion products
1. Sales - I am a huge sales shopper! I mostly buy when things are on sale. I have a huge list of products I want to buy or am interested in trying and I wait till there are sales and will buy them then, saving me so much rather than paying full price. Department stores like Target, Big W, Priceline and supermarkets are always having promotions and sales so if you wait you can pick up some great bargains.
2. Gift with purchase - When it comes to high end products, as they are so expensive I usually wait for a gift with purchase offer to buy a product I want. Usually gift with purchases means you have to spend a certain amount and then you get a free gift valued at anywhere between $40 - $100. This is pretty good value as you are buying a high end product and you get to try other high end products through your gift with purchase.
3. Buy online - I am a huge online shopper. I love it because you can find so many great promotions, deals and sales online. I usually subscribe to newsletters for clothing, beauty, accessories, household and many more and when they email sales and discounts, I will then buy what I need. You can save up to 70-80% by shopping online. Of course it means you have to wait for the product to be delivered but well worth it if you are going to save heaps. (here are some sites I have used)
4. Buy gift packs - Usually around specific occassions like mother's day or christmas many stores will stock gift packs which consist of a few products for a cheaper price. If you bought those items separately it would cost you more, so definitely look out for packs. Also for clothing there are more sales around these times so look out for them.
5. Read reviews - These days you can find so many reviews on pretty much anything. If you are unsure of a product and don't want to spend the money and then find that you don't like it, look it up and read reviews. Blogs and YouTube are the two places I check the most to read reviews on products.
You can save so much by watching where you spend your money and with so much variety of places, instore and online, you will find that you can pick up great bargains. I hardly buy anything full price!
Do you have a tip for saving money on beauty products?