Sunday, June 23, 2013

Illamasqua Powder Blusher Duo No 2 (Katie & Ambition) Review

Blush is a product that can make any face light up and give it some nice colour and dimension making you look glamorous with just a sweep of blush on your cheeks. I am always on the hunt for a good quality blush and blush colour because there are so many to choose from.

I was very interested in trying the Illamasqua blushes that were sent to me as I have never tried any thing from Illamasqua but have heard great things about their products.



The packaging is sleek, black and pretty sturdy. It comes with a mirror and is a pretty decent size compact.

Colour above - Katie and colour below Ambition
The duo comes with two gorgeous pink colours - the top one is a pale matte pink colour called Katie and the bottom colour is a deeper pink with golden flecks in it called Ambition.

Colour above  Katie and colour below Ambition
The pigmentation on these blushes is very good. With the colour Katie I usually apply two sweeps as it is a lighter colour and with Ambition one sweep is enough - great pigmentation.

I have a light skin complexion so these two colours work really well on me. The pale pink is a nice addition of pink to my face if I have darker eyeshadow. The deeper pink colour is perfect for a really nice blush/bronzy type of finish on the cheek. The glitter is not very noticeable but rather adds as a highlighter type of a finish to the blush. If I had to choose one I really like Ambition as it is just a great compliment to any makeup look.

Overall I am really loving the Illamasqua blushes. They are great in every way and definitely worth a try. Available in Myer at $39aud for the duo and $28aud for the single blushes.

Do you have a favourite blush you are using at the moment?


4 comments:

Sarah morethanadored said...

I LOVE this duo so much! I think that Katie is something I wouldn't have tried if it wasn't in this duo. So glad I did try it because I'm pale as well and find it really flattering.


Sarah | More Than Adored

Sommer Love said...

Gorgeous. Never heard of this brand. I have a love hate thing for blush. Would love to hear/read more about it.

DanniiBeauty said...

@Sarah -So true, its hard with fair/light skin to find the 'perfect' colours. This is definitely great!

DanniiBeauty said...

@Sommer Love - It has taken me years to find the right blush, I agree its a love/hate thing with blush. These are really good quality.

Google+ Badge