Sunday, July 21, 2013

Four Tips For Staying Fit This Winter

It is winter here in Australia, which I love because it is my favourite season. But winter also means that we are indoors more because of the cold weather and eating more comfort foods.

Here are some tips I got from Health and Fitness Expert, Geoff Jowett for staying on track this winter. 

1. Step out on your lunch break. Often when the alarm goes off in the morning we are fighting the battle of the blankets to get out of bed. When it’s cold outside it’s even tougher to get out of bed and go for a walk first thing in the morning. That’s why I suggest upping your steps during your lunch break in winter. The middle of the day is the warmest, so you’ve got no excuses not to get outside and go for a walk.

 2. Get stuck into winter casseroles Salads just don’t cut it during winter. This doesn’t mean that you should miss out on the goodness of having all of those veggies. Instead get familiar with stews and casseroles. Chuck all of your fibrous veggies in these and it’s a winning, winter warmer.

 3. Get some morale support.  It’s a heck of a lot easier staying fit with a mate then slogging it out by yourself. Take me for example, I used to be a personal trainer but yet I still have a personal trainer to motivate me and encourage me every step of the way.

 4. Always have snacks nearby I can’t stress this enough. Meal frequency is the number one most critical factor for fat loss. If you’re skipping your meals then you are more likely to have binge later on. Always keep your snacks nearby. Plan for the day ahead and keep one of my protein bars or cookies in your hand bag or car in case of emergencies.

So there you have it, some great tips on staying fit this winter. I would also add another tip and that is to get some aerobic dvd's that you can do in your own loungeroom. A great way to stay fit and not even have to leave the house!

Do you have any tips for keeping fit this winter?

 

No comments:

Google+ Badge