Monday, January 27, 2014

Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara Review (with pictures)

Mascara is the one product that I can't leave the house without. It just makes me feel 'put together' if I have mascara on. So after hearing lots about this mascara from overseas finally it has hit the Australian stores and I was excited to give it a try.

It is the Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara - a mascara that will give your lashes a flamed out look.



Covergirl says: Make a bold statement with winged lashes that curve up and out. The unique wire brush coats your lashes for an instant volume boost. Maximum volume instantly. Bold winged-out lash look. Unique wire brush to curve lashes up and out.
The instructions to apply are:

1. If desired, use an eyelash curler before  you apply mascara.
2. Apply one coat of mascara to your upper lashes. Coat brush again and reapply, focusing on the outer edges of your lash lines. Do not pump the wand – it adds air bubbles that can dry your mascara.
3. For a more dramatic look, apply one coat of mascara to lower lashes.

To start off with the packaging is cute, love the red and purple colours. I don't mind the size of the mascara it is a bigger tube than most, but that doesn't bother me.


The brush is a the hourglass shape and I really like the way it applies the mascara. It really does help coat the lashes well as the top end of the brush is small so that it coats the smaller lashes near the inner corner of the eye and then the fuller part of the brush helps to coat the longer lashes towards the outer eye.

 
 
Wearing Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara on both eyes
So as it claims to give volume, you start to see this as you apply each coat to the lashes. I apply two to three coats and it gives me really black, separated lashes and doesn't clump. It gives a nice natural look to the lashes, great for everyday and does give a 'flamed out' look to the lashes.

Finished makeup look using the Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara!
 
This mascara is great all day, doesn't smudge or clump and is easy to take off at the end of the day as well. It retails for $14.95aud at supermarkets or retails stores.
 
 
What do you look for in a mascara? Have you tried this mascara?
 
 
 

7 comments:

Sarah morethanadored said...

I'm yet to try it out yet but I love the look of it on your lashes so hopefully I have similar luck!

Sarah | More Than Adored

DanniiBeauty said...

@Sarah morethanadored - Hope you like it :)

Kat Shepsutt said...

Gosh Dannii, what a difference this makes - it's almost a false lash effect! I usually go for waterproof mascara because I blink so much, but I'm impressed enough to give this a try - thanks for a terrific review :-)

DanniiBeauty said...

@Kat Shepsutt - Thanks for stopping by Kat. It is pretty impressive, does a great job at lengthening and it comes off easily. :)

Julie L said...

Love your lashes!!! they look so pretty. I think I wanna try this mascara too and see if my lashes will be like that. Love it!!

DanniiBeauty said...

@Julie L - Thanks for your lovely comment. I hope you like the mascara too. :)

EmsTalking said...

Hi!

I recently found your blog using bloglovin and have loved reading your posts and taking on board your reviews! I am an Australian upcoming blogger and am participating in the Liebster awards - basically they are awards for upcoming bloggers to get them noticed! I have tagged you to participate in the awards, head to http://emstalking.blogspot.com.au/ and read my latest post to see what you have to answer!

Em xx

Google+ Badge