Monday, January 13, 2014

La Roche - Posay Uvidea XL BB Melt in cream REVIEW

I never really wanted to try BB creams when they first came out as I am usually someone who wears full coverage foundation and I just thought that a BB cream won't do much for me. However I have been proven wrong as there are some really good BB creams and the one that I really have been enjoying is the La Roche - Posay Uvidea XL BB Melt In cream - this is amazing!

It comes in a convenient 30ml squeeze tube so you can control how much product comes out and is handy to carry around with you.

It comes in two shades a light and a medium shade.


I am pale and always use the lightest shades in face products and this in light is a good match for my skin shade.

La Roche-Posay says:  Unifies complexion by covering blemishes, fine lines, brown spots and hydrates skin. Helps prevent pigmentation and ageing induced by UV. Moisture replenishing. For sensitive skin. Melts into the natural skin tone for unified complexion and healthy-looking skin. Helps prevent hyperpigmentation and aging induced by UV rays, especially UVA rays. Skin is hydrated, comfortable and protected from UV-induced brown spots, fine lines and darkening.
I usually have sensitive skin, redness and hyperpigmentation. So this is great that it has been formulated for sensitive skin. I love that it has spf 50 in it (UVA and UVB protection) as I am really sensitive to the sun.


It has a very smooth consistency and it blends and buffs in to the skin very well. It does melt in to the skin as it claims to do and creates a flawless finish. It does a great job at covering my redness, covers my hyperpigmentation and evens out the skin tone. It leaves the skin feeling hydrated and the finish is a dewy finish to the skin but not oily. As my skin type is combination (oily t zone usually) I do need to set this with a powder on top.


It is very long wearing as well pretty much good for all day. So even though this is nice to be worn on its own, I have especially been loving it for under my makeup. As it is so hydrating it makes my makeup apply flawlessly and is a perfect base for my foundation.

Overall on my combination and sensitive skin type I really do love this BB cream. It is great to be worn on its own as it evens out the skin tone well, has spf 50+ which is fantastic and has great hydration which makes it a great base for foundation too.

It is available at Terry White chemists and Priceline and retails for $28.95aud. Find out more about La Roche Posay and the range of products they have on their website here

Have you tried this product? Do you like BB creams?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, I'm very interested in trying this out. My fav at the moment is the loreal and Maybelline bb creams

Google+ Badge