Friday, January 24, 2014

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation Review (with swatches and picture)

I love trying out new foundations because foundation is something I wear everyday to work during the week and after so many years of trying foundations I still love it.

For the last few months, I have been using the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation and really enjoy it. It is not available in Australia so I buy mine from Beauty Bay online and luckily the colour I chose is the right one for me. I am pale and usually the lightest shade in any foundation I buy. There are 18 shades to choose from.

 

Urban Decay says: Whoever said 'you can't have the best of both worlds' never tried Naked Skin. Not only does our new light-as-air foundation give you the buildable coverage you desire – it also looks and feels like you're wearing absolutely nothing.

Naked Skin uses light-diffusing spheres to 'blur' imperfections for a luminous, demi-matte finish that feels invisible but looks professionally retouched. Naked Skin is oil-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, and loaded with nourishing ingredients:

Matrixyl 3000-Anti-wrinkle and lifting peptides restore and maintain skin's youthful appearance while increasing elasticity.
Litchiderm (derived from lychee fruit) – Protects the skin from dehydration, oxidative stress and accelerated aging, resulting in a brighter, more radiant complexion.
Green Tea & Vitamin E – These anti-oxidants neutralize free-radicals and promote collagen production for smooth and supple skin.
Sodium Hyaluronate – Holds and attracts water for optimal hydration, circulation and nutrient absorption, making skin smooth, soft and youthful.

So just by reading about the product I was sold! It sounds amazing and it really is amazing!

I like the packaging of the product it comes in a sturdy bottle 30ml, big enough to hold in your hand and it comes with a pump.


The consistency of this foundation is liquidy and thin, very easy to blend and smooth on the skin. I usually cover my face in two pumps of the product and it needs to be shaken well before using it. I apply it with a buffing brush and really like the way it smoothly applies. I would say it is a medium coverage and covers well my redness, uneven skintone and feels light on the skin. (or you could say it feels 'naked' on the skin!) I do wear a primer and moisturizer underneath.




Once blended out on the skin it give you a beautiful satin matte finish. It dries on the face in a few minutes and can be left on its own or you can set it with powder which is what I like to do.
It lasts all day for me and doesn't cake up or look oily throughout the day ( I also like to use a setting spray with all my foundations) The ingredients in it sound great too which is always a plus!

Finished looking wearing Urban Decay Naked Skin in 0.5 shade
It is a high end foundation that really does give good results. If you like a lightweight feeling foundation that gives medium coverage and lasts all day ( also use a primer and setting spray) this will definitely be the one I would recommend. It retails for $58.20aud from Beauty Bay 

Have you tried this foundation? What is the foundation you are using at the moment?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks lovely on you x

Google+ Badge