Saturday, December 26, 2015

Top five drugstore foundations for oily skin

I love foundations! If I could only wear one makeup product it would definitely be foundation (followed closely by lipstick!)  I am always on the look out for trying out new foundations. I have combination/oily skin, it is more oily but I can get some dry areas around my mouth or nose. I have also chosen these foundations that match my fair/pale skin tone. It is hard to find foundations that are light enough for me, so that will eliminate some foundations because I can't find the right shade.

So these are my top five affordable foundations are for my oily skin at the moment.


Revlon Colorstay foundation - this has been my all time favourite foundation for many, many years. I started using this in the late teen years and still love it to this day. It is full coverage, applies smoothly and sets quite well. It is long lasting and the finish is a matte finish. It is great to cover acne prone skin too and has spf15. My shade is Buff.

Covergirl outlast stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation - this is a great foundation that has primer, concealer and foundation in one. It is not heavy on the skin and gives a medium to full coverage. It applies smoothly and sets in place and stays on all day. It has spf20 and my shade is 810 (which is ok but 805 would be better but is not available in australia)

Loreal Infallible 24H-Matte foundation  - this is a great foundation that has a thicker consistency but applies well on to the skin. It is full coverage and blends well and gives a matte finish. This I don't even have to set with a powder and it looks great. The shade is 11 Vanilla which is a tad dark for me but I can still make it work (or I will mix it with the Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation)

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr skin perfecting foundation - this is a great foundation that has a medium coverage, it applies smoothly on the skin and has a gel like consistency. It gives a really nice smooth, even finish to the skin (it is tacky after applying and takes a little longer to set) and lasts all day. It has spf20 and my shade is Light porcelain.

Maybelline Matte and Poreless Fit Me foundation  - this is a great foundation that has medium to full coverage foundation. It applies smoothly and well over the face, it has some technology in it that smooths over pores which is really nice. It lasts at least 6-8 hours and feels lightweight on the skin. My shade is 110.

So there you have it, my top five foundations that I love for my combination/oily skin. I always set my foundation with a powder and love the matte finish for my skin!

Let me know what your favourite foundation is?



 

1 comment:

Di from Max The Unicorn said...

I have oily/combination skin and use the Revlon Colorstay foundation nearly every day. I try others, but always come back tot it!

Google+ Badge